It’s a busy time of year for TeamMates senior mentees. Many students are making decisions about post-secondary education, applying for scholarships, and finding jobs to support their goals. The Lincoln TeamMates office is here to support! Each senior mentee will get a chance to visit with our Coordinator, Jim Bennett, and talk about future plans. There are also scholarships available to mentees for their post-secondary education.
Resources for Navigating Next Steps
- FAFSA – The FAFSA application determines Pell Grant (money for school from the government) and loan eligibility, and all colleges and many scholarship applications require it. A FAFSA checklist is HERE for your reference to help you gather necessary information. You can fill out the FAFSA here.
- EducationQuest – A great, free resource for anything you need for college. They are always available to answer questions. You can reach them at: 402-475-5222.
- TeamMates Senior Guide – A great resource to review the terms, steps needed, and resources to navigate this post-secondary journey. You can get that HERE.
- Gallup Strengths Survey – TeamMates senior mentees and their mentors are invited to take the Gallup Strengths survey for free. This tool allows participants to learn and develop their strengths to maximize their potential. Sign up HERE.
- TeamMates Scholarship – All seniors that are actively matched in TeamMates should fill out this application for a chance to receive up to two scholarships through TeamMates. It’s one application that puts students in the running for many scholarships. They can apply here. Application is due January 20th.
- Learn to Dream Scholarship – If a student qualifies for free/reduced lunch, they can earn their Associate’s Degree (60 semester credit hours) at one of the Southeast Community College campuses in Beatrice, Lincoln and Milford, without paying tuition and fees. They can use this scholarship for academic transfer as well if they plan to a end a 4-year school. They can apply here.
- Nebraska Promise – Covers whatever tuition costs are not covered by Pell Grant, scholarships, or work study aid at any of the University of Nebraska campuses. This scholarship is only available to students that are Pell Grant eligible (you’ll find that after you complete the FAFSA) and that live in Nebraska. They can apply here.
- Susan Buffett Scholarship – Many scholarships are available as long as seniors meet the requirements. Application opens in November and closes February 1st. For more information and the application, click here.
- LPS Foundation Scholarships – Like the TeamMates scholarship, just one application applies students to more than 100 scholarships. Application opens in December and closes in February. For more information and the application, click here.
Call our office with any questions: 402-436-1990