Financial support helps our community of volunteer mentors do what they do best: recognize and cultivate student strengths on their road to a higher education.
Your support allows TeamMates to:
- Recruit new mentors for the 700+ students waiting for a TeamMate.
- Provide Lincoln-area students with thoroughly screened and well-trained mentors.
- Provide ongoing, student-mentor support through enrichment events, projects, and opportunities.
Did You Know?
The typical cost for one TeamMates mentee-mentor match for one year is $519. This is one-third the national average of other mentoring programs. Because TeamMates is a school-based mentoring program, we are able to keep our costs low and prioritize the safety of our students.
No donation is insignificant! If you donated $1 per pay period and were paid monthly, here is what your $12 would do:
- Provide photo IDs for 5 TeamMates mentors. This badge tells school officials that the holder has been thoroughly vetted and trained, and is approved to be on school grounds.
- Provides 6 community service project kits for students and mentors. These hands-on, conversation starters expose students to the value of community giving.
- Your support goes further when paired with your friend, neighbor, or co-worker’s $12 donation. For example, $24 will pay for 100, two-sided informational flyers TeamMates uses at recruitment events to reach new mentors.
The Impact of Mentoring
In a word: profound.
While mentoring is largely intangible, there are several, key data outcomes that demonstrate TeamMates’ success. For example, during the 2022-2023 school year:
- 49% of Lincoln TeamMates students had improved academic performance.
- 81% of Lincoln TeamMates students had fewer disciplinary referrals.
- 42% of Lincoln TeamMates students had fewer unexcused absences.
A survey of TeamMates students at the end of the 2022-2023 school year showed:
- 95% of Lincoln TeamMates students said they are “hopeful for the future.”
- 100% of Lincoln TeamMates students said they “trust their mentors.”
A positive, forward-thinking mindset is what helps create happy, healthy, productive adults of the future.
Making a donation is easy. Simply click on the button below and follow the prompts. All donations are tax-deductible and help us provide the best possible mentoring experience to Lincoln’s children and youth.
You can also download and print a TeamMates Donation Form. Please send your donation and completed form to:
TeamMates Mentoring Program of Lincoln
5905 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68510
There are many nonprofits doing good and important work. Thank you for supporting Lincoln TeamMates.