Strengths are the unique combination of talents, knowledge, and skills that every person possesses.
What are Gallup Strengths?
StrengthsFinder is developed by Gallup and identifies the unique, natural talents of individuals. Rooted in many years of research, Gallup StrengthsFinder is a tool to help identify and understand the lens through which people see the world.
Most successful people share a common trait:
They understand their talents and they maximize them to achieve their full potential.
Strengths-based relationships have a profound impact on student development and performance. Through the Gallup Strengths partnership, research has indicated a positive correlation between students’ looking forward to seeing their mentor and their overall levels of hope, engagement, and well-being.
Lincoln TeamMates provides codes for mentors and mentees to help them to name their strengths. Then, additional training and resources are given to provide matches a chance to claim and aim their strengths in their everyday life.
When mentors focus on strengths, mentees are more likely to look forward to spending time with them. Use the following resources to help incorporate strengths with your mentee.
- TeamMates Strengths Blog: Subscribe to the strengths blog from the TeamMates Central Office.
- Strengths Explorer Cards: Use these cards to understand and discuss your mentee’s (Grades 3-8) top 3 strengths.
- Strengths Quest Cards: Use these cards to understand and discuss your mentee’s (Grades 9-12) top 5 strengths.
- Strengths Explorer Workbook: Download this workbook so you and your mentee (Grades 3-8) can learn how to utilize his or her top 3 strengths.
- Strengths Quest Workbook: Download this workbook so you and your mentee (Grades 9-12) can learn how to utilize his or her top 5 strengths.