Thank you for your decision to become a mentor! When you mentor, you make an investment in the future of a young person and, ultimately, the future of our community.
- Before you begin the application, please note:
- Each of your three (3) character references must have known you for a minimum of one year.
- Daytime contact information is needed for each reference.
- You will be emailed a link to begin your two-part background check and to complete a mentor agreement.
- For any questions regarding the application or the background check process, please contact the TeamMates Central Office at 402-390-8326.
- New mentors attend a three-hour training session prior to being matched with a student.
- Training introduces TeamMates’ values and mentoring best practices.
- During training, mentors learn policies and procedures for safety and receive valuable resources.
- TeamMates interactive training provides the opportunity to ask questions and address concerns.
- New mentors leave training with confidence to start the mentoring relationship.
- Matches are made based on similar interests.
- Mentors can choose the area of town in which they would like to mentor. While most mentors select schools near their home or workplace, mentors willing to travel a bit farther can be placed in more remote areas of greater need.
- Mentors decide the grade level of the student to mentor.
- The facilitator at the assigned school will work with each mentor to find a convenient time for the match to meet each week.