TeamMates impacts the lives of the 1,200 actively matched mentors and mentees in Lincoln. Explore the data below to learn more!
TeamMates Mentee Impact
Yearly surveys show that TeamMates mentees are positively impacted by being a TeamMate. Not only is academic success improved, TeamMates also strongly influences a mentee’s level of hope, engagement, and well-being.
Mentee surveys of approximately 800 students during the 2017-2018 school year revealed:
- 99 percent of Lincoln mentees feel they can trust their mentor
- 93 percent of Lincoln mentees talk about their strengths and talents with their mentors
- 60 percent of Lincoln mentees talk about graduating high school
- 99 percent of Lincoln mentees feel that their mentors care for them
- 92 percent of Lincoln mentees are hopeful about their future
Improved Academics, Behavior, and Attendance
Lincoln TeamMates also collects data yearly on a mentee’s academic performance, disciplinary referrals, and unexcused absences. While participating in TeamMates, students show greater academic success.
During the 2017-2018 school year:
- 50 percent of Lincoln mentees had improved academic performance
- 85 percent of Lincoln mentees had fewer disciplinary referrals
- 38 percent of Lincoln mentees had fewer unexcused absences
TeamMates Mentor Impact
Remarkably, many mentors state that volunteering to mentor has had a profound impact on their lives.
Mentor impact during the 2017-2018 school year:
- 78 percent of Lincoln mentors rated their relationship to be “excellent” or “very good”
- 88 percent of Lincoln mentors leave their mentoring time in a better mood than when they arrived
- 82 percent of Lincoln mentors feel more hopeful after their mentoring time
For more research on the TeamMates Mentoring Program and national articles on the impact of mentoring, please click the button below.