We want mentors and mentees to be able to stay connected even when school is not in session. Below are three ways the two of you can stay in touch.
We will be continuing the email exchange between mentors and mentees through the summer. To maintain boundaries and honor TeamMates policy, a liaison at TeamMates will serve as your virtual mail carrier. TeamMates will review and forward your email with the mentor/mentee email addresses removed. Please send your first correspondence to LincolnTeamMates@lps.org.
Please send your first email letter to LincolnTeamMates@lps.org using the subject line “Message from your TeamMate”. We’ll do the rest!
Please click here to see a short FAQ list to support your email exchange with your mentee.
Summer Zoom Meetings
We are excited to invite you to sign up for summer Zoom meetings! Here is what you need to know:
- Meetings will be facilitated by a TeamMates staff member.
- Meetings will be held from June 1st through July 23rd.
- We would like to schedule all meetings on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., however, if neither of these days work, you can request another day.
- Matches are welcome to meet for up to one hour.
- You can opt to meet weekly, every other week, or on just a few specific days.
- Mentees can use any device to Zoom, since many will not have their Chromebook over the summer.
Mentors, please check with your mentee to see if they are interested in meeting with you on Zoom before completing this request form. Once you have completed the form, we will communicate with your mentee’s parent/guardian to confirm a meeting schedule.
Parents, if your student has mentioned hoping to Zoom with their mentor, please check your email for communication from our office regarding scheduling.
You are welcome to contact the TeamMates office with questions at email@example.com or 402-436-1990.
Everyone loves finding a letter in the mailbox! The TeamMates office will be happy to pass along any letters or postcards you would like to send to your TeamMate. All mailings will be reviewed by TeamMates staff. Simply address your note as follows:
TeamMate’s Name, mentor/mentee
TeamMates Mentoring of Lincoln
5905 O St.
Lincoln, NE 68510