Mentors, looking forward to seeing your TeamMate? So are we! This year, Lincoln TeamMates is pleased to offer both in-person and virtual match meeting options.
Before meetings can begin, the agreement linked below must be completed. Thank you!
We know that the policies and procedures outlined below will present extra challenges for matches. We appreciate your continued flexibility and commitment to TeamMates and your mentee.
Due to the fluidity of the situation, all of the information below is subject to change. The full LPS Pandemic Protocols are available here.
In-Person Match Meetings
This fall, Lincoln will welcome TeamMates back into school buildings with extra safety precautions. Mentoring can begin Tuesday, September 8.
As a precaution, schools will not provide activity materials. However, mentors are free to bring their own supplies for creative socially distant activities (art supplies, balls, UNO cards, etc.) These supplies must be carried in and out by the mentor and cleaned or set aside for 72 hours after use.
- Mentors must self-assess for COVID symptoms*:
- Do you have a fever higher than 100.4 F, or have you used fever-reducing medications in the last 24 hours? (i.e. Tylenol, Acetaminophen, Advil, Ibuprofen)
- Do you have unresolved or new onset shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a dry cough lasting longer than 24 hours?
- Do you have new onset of loss of taste or smell?
- Do you have two or more of the following prolonged and unexplained symptoms?
- Sore Throat
- Sustained chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle Pain
- Congestion and/or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Have you been around someone who has been tested for COVID in the last 14 days and is awaiting a result?
- Have you been around someone who has tested positive for COVID in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled internationally recently?
*If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, please contact the school to cancel your in-person meeting.
- Face coverings are required for both the mentor and mentee at all times, including when the match is outdoors.
- Mentors should sign in with their TeamMates badge.
- Matches must maintain a physical distance of at least six feet.
- Mentors must not have physical contact with their mentees. This includes hugs and handshakes.
- Matches must meet in designated areas that will need be cleaned after meetings.
|Below is the reporting process for in-person mentors who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, possible exposure to someone with a positive COVID-19 test/symptoms, or if you have been tested for COVID-19:|
- Contact the TeamMates facilitator at your mentee’s school.
- The facilitator will contact the TeamMates office.
- The TeamMates office will connect you with LPS Risk Management who will have you complete an online form.
- Risk Management will contact you regarding when in-person mentoring may resume.
|If your mentee tests positive, you will be notified by Risk Management if you are considered a close contact.|
For questions about the protocols, please call the Lincoln TeamMates office at 402-436-1990.
Virtual Match Meetings
New this year, matches will be able choose to meet virtually in lieu of in-person meetings. Virtual meetings will occur as TeamMates-staff-hosted Zoom video calls.
Virtual meetings can be requested either by the mentor or mentee. To request to meet virtually this fall, email email@example.com.
If your student is learning remotely, virtual meetings have been requested for you.
TeamMates is currently in the process of gathering parent permission for mentees who will meet virtually. Once we have your mentee’s permission form, your school facilitator will look at your student’s schedule. After these steps are complete, we will be back in touch with you to schedule Zoom meetings.
Please note, Zoom meetings may be less frequent than in-person weekly meetings depending on demand.
You can create a free Zoom account and download the free Zoom app at https://zoom.us/
Lincoln TeamMates staff continues to facilitate the email exchange program. This program allows you to send secure and monitored emails back and forth with your mentee. These emails do not replace your face-to-face meetings, but serve as an additional communication tool. More information about the email exchange is available here.