- 3 game pieces for each player (use a different color for each player)
- game board template
- Place your game pieces in their starting positions.
- Players take turns moving pieces one at a time, one space at a time, to an empty space.
- You may only move along a line
- Placing a piece in the center is allowed
- Jumping over a piece is not allowed
- The first player to get three-in-a-row in a straight line wins the game!
Background: Shisima is played by the Tiriki people in Kenya. “Shisima” means body of water, which is represented by the center of the octagon. The game pieces are called “imbalavalia,” which means water bugs. The water bugs race along the board towards the water.