- 1 piece of felt cut into a rainbow shape (about 2.25″ wide and 2.5″ high)
- 3 different colored pieces of yarn
- 1 cord of macramé measuring 4″
- 1 cord of macramé measuring 4.5″
- 1 cord of macramé measuring 5″
- Hoop with a lobster claw
- Hot glue
- Fabric scissors
- Lay out the three lengths of white macramé cord, one over the other, with the longest on the top and the shortest on the bottom. Decide what color yarn you will use for each cord.
- Starting with the longest cord, tie the yarn a half inch from one end. Wrap the yarn around the tail and continue wrapping snuggly around the cord.
- About an inch or so before the end, you’ll want to check it against the felt rainbow backing. Where the yarn starts and stops on the cord should line up with the bottom of the felt rainbow. Adjust the yarn as needed.
- When finished wrapping, cut the unused yarn leaving about 3-4 inches so you can tie a half knot, secure with glue, then cut the remaining excess yarn.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remaining two cords.
- Slip your keyring onto the longest cord and center it so it is at the top of the rainbow.
- Unbraid the exposed ends of the cord and puff them out to look like clouds.
- Put a generous amount of glue on the felt rainbow and lay the yarn-covered cords on top of it, following the shape of the rainbow. Trim excess length so the “clouds” look even. Let dry.