January is National Mentoring Month!
Thank you to all of our TeamMates mentors in Lincoln! You make a difference!
MENTOR National and the Harvard School of Public Health started National Mentoring Month in 2002 to celebrate the positive impact of youth mentoring and increase awareness for the need for additional adults to volunteer as mentors.
In addition to being a mentor, here are some additional ways you can recognize National Mentoring Month:
- Nominate someone you know to become a TeamMate- click here!
- Promote TeamMates at your workplace, place of worship, or other community
- Share your TeamMates experience on social media (don’t forget to tag us, but please remember not to post mentee photos)
- Invite TeamMates to host an info presentation
- Enhance your mentoring knowledge by exploring resources on Lincoln TeamMates’ website- click here!
- Write an acrostic poem with your mentee about TeamMates, yourselves, or each other- click here!
- Ask your mentee which new activity they would like to try- click here!
- Thank a mentor you have had in your life