Valuable resources are available through LPS and different agencies to assist families in Lincoln.
- Free/Reduced Program offers free or discounted meals to those in need. This is also an important factor in determining other needs-based resources.
- The LPS Parent Center provides information about valuable services and resources available to LPS students and parents.
- The Youth Development Team is comprised of specialists and advocates who help students succeed by ensuring students and families are aware of and have access to the necessary resources. The Youth Development Team can be contacted at 402-436-1974.
Your TeamMates facilitator or school counselor can also help connect you with the appropriate resources.
Below are just some of the resources available for specific needs. For a comprehensive list, please refer to one of the following guides:
- Resource Handbook provided by the Center for People in Need
- Lancaster County Resource Guide provided by the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
Rent and Utilities Assistance
- The Lincoln Housing Authority offers federally subsidized housing for low-income families and provides rental education programs to help tenants find and maintain housing.
- The Salvation Army offers the HeatShare Program to provide assistance to prevent disconnection of utility services.
- Legal Aid of Nebraska offers free legal help to low-income and senior citizen clients for a wide range of civil matters.
- Voices of Hope offers victims of relationship abuse, sexual assault and abuse referrals to attorneys and accompanies clients to court hearings to provide support.
Employment and Educational Opportunities
- The Greater Lincoln American Job Center offers job training assistance to low-income adults and helps individuals file for unemployment.
- Community Action Partnership offers financial education classes on a variety of topics including budgeting, debt reduction and saving.