What are Strengths?
Strengths are the unique combination of talents, knowledge, and skills that every person possesses. People use these innate traits and abilities in their daily lives to complete their work, to relate with others, and to achieve their goals. However, most people don’t know what their strengths are or have the opportunity to use them to their advantage.
Strengths-based relationships have a profound impact on student development and performance. Through the Gallup Strengths partnership, mentors and mentees can better understand and maximize the unique human potential that each person brings to their roles in school and life.
When mentors focus on strengths, mentees are more likely to look forward to spending time with them. Use the following resources to help incorporate strengths with your mentee.
- TeamMates Strengths Blog Subscribe to the strengths blog from the TeamMates Central Office.
- Strengths Explorer Cards Use these cards to understand and discuss your mentee’s (Grades 3-8) top 3 strengths.
- Strengths Quest Cards Use these cards to understand and discuss your mentee’s (Grades 9-12) top 5 strengths.
- Strengths Explorer Workbook Download this workbook so you and your mentee (Grades 3-8) can learn how to utilize his or her top 3 strengths.
- Strengths Quest Workbook Download this workbook so you and your mentee (Grades 9-12) can learn how to utilize his or her top 5 strengths.