Valuable resources are available to assist mentees and their families through LPS and different community programs.
- The Free/Reduced Program offers free or discounted meals to those in need. This is also an important factor in determining other needs-based resources.
- Clothesline is a partnership between LPS and Junior League to provide free clothing for middle and high school students within participating schools.
- The Youth Development Team is comprised of specialists and advocates who help students succeed by ensuring students and families are aware of and have access to the necessary resources. The Youth Development Team can be contacted at 402-436-1974 .
The TeamMates facilitator or school counselor can also assist you with finding the appropriate resource for your mentee.
Below are just some of the resources available for specific needs. For a comprehensive list, please refer to one of the following guides:
- Resource Handbook provided by the Center for People in Need
- Lancaster County Resource Guide provided by the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
Community and Resource Centers
- Lincoln Community Learning Centers provide before and after school programs, weekend and summer enrichment programs.
- Lighthouse provides free access to tutors, computers, an indoor gym, games, etc. to middle school and high school students
- The Bay offers youth a place to be and offers positive activities with their skate pack, coffee bar, all ages concert venue and resource center.
- Clinic with a Heart is a free, walk-in (no appointment) health care clinic providing medical, dental and mental health services. Patients under 19 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- People’s City Mission Free Medical Clinic provides primary medical care to uninsured residents of Lancaster County. It is open five days a week on a walk-in basis.