Valuable resources are available through LPS and different community programs to assist mentees and their families.
- Free/Reduced Program offers free or discounted meals to those in need. This is also an important factor in determining other needs-based resources.
- Clothesline is a partnership between LPS and Junior League to provide free clothing for middle and high school students within participating schools.
- The Youth Development Team is comprised of specialists and advocates who help students succeed by ensuring students and families are aware of and have access to the necessary resources. The Youth Development Team can be contacted at 402-436-1974.
Your TeamMates facilitator or school counselor can also help connect you with the appropriate resources.
Below are just some of the resources available for specific needs. For a comprehensive list, please refer to one of the following guides:
- Resource Handbook provided by the Center for People in Need
- Lancaster County Resource Guide provided by the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
Community and Resource Centers
- Lincoln Community Learning Centers provide before and after school programs, weekend and summer enrichment programs.
- The Bay offers youth a place to be and offers positive activities with their skate pack, coffee bar, all ages concert venue and resource center.
- CEDARS provides short-term care to youth ages 12-19.
- The Friendship Home offers safe shelter for women and children who are victims of domestic abuse.