Lincoln TeamMates relies on the support of numerous Lincoln business and community partners. As partners who know the value of mentoring for Lincoln students, these organizations show support for mentoring and TeamMates in a number of ways, including:
- Promoting TeamMates by sharing their positive mentoring experiences
- Encouraging employees and others to become mentors
- Donating a scholarship to a graduating mentee
- Holding mentor networking sessions
- Adopting a school in their community
- Financially supporting each mentor/mentee match within the company
- Sponsoring TeamMates events
- Providing paid time off for employees to mentor
- Celebrating mentors within the company
At every training session for new mentors, we hear adults report that they volunteered to mentor because their employers encouraged them to participate in TeamMates. With the request for mentors growing every year, our partners’ promotion of mentoring among their employees means that children and youth who have been waiting for a mentor finally have their wish fulfilled.
Corporate Vending Program
Through TeamMates’ Corporate Vending Program community partners might want to put a small candy and nuts vending machine in their businesses or organizations, generating funds for program operations.