Investing in our community’s students gives them focus for their future. This investment helps a student thrive today and our city thrive tomorrow. But more than that, when you donate to TeamMates you give the gift of mentoring to a child.
The TeamMates Mentoring Program of Lincoln matches youth in Lincoln public and parochial schools with caring adult mentors. Mentors meet with their mentees once a week at school. Driven by a commitment to help students graduate from high school and pursue post-secondary education or job training, Dr. Tom and Nancy Osborne founded the program in 1991 to develop the strengths and talents of young people in the community. As a donor, you will join the Osbornes, investing in Lincoln’s youth and supporting students’ ability to thrive today and to succeed tomorrow.
The impact of a TeamMates mentor on the mentee is significant. Research shows that during the 2014-2015 school year:
- 75% of TeamMates mentees had fewer unexcused absences.
- 84% of TeamMates mentees experienced fewer disciplinary referrals.
- 55% of TeamMates mentees improved their academic performance.
Even more importantly than improved attendance and grades, students who have mentors are more hopeful for their future.
The annual investment to provide one TeamMates mentor to one mentee is $437, well below the national average. Your donation will help:
- Recruit additional mentors for the more than 700 students on our waiting list.
- Provide support for the 1,200 current mentor and mentee relationships.
- Ensure the safety of students through the screening and training of mentors.
- Provide enrichment opportunities to encourage and inspire students.
No matter how small or large your gift, we thank you. Without the generous support of our community, Lincoln TeamMates would not be able to help the thousands of students we do each year.
You can also download and print a TeamMates Donation Form. Please send your donation and completed form to: TeamMates Mentoring Program of Lincoln, 5905 O Street, Lincoln, NE 68510
If you’re not able to make a donation at this time, find out other ways you can support Lincoln TeamMates.