Thank you for your decision to become a mentor today. When you serve as a mentor, you make an investment in the future—the future of a young person and, ultimately, the future for all of us in the community.
- Apply Online or complete a printable application.
- Print and complete the Background Check Forms and return in one of three ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 402-884-0883
- Mail: TeamMates Mentoring Program, c/o Screening Team, 11850 Nicholas Street, Suite 130, Omaha, NE 68154
- All new mentors attend a 2.5 hour training session prior to meeting with a student.
- Training introduces TeamMates’ values and orientation to mentoring.
- You will review policies and procedures for safety, and the resources available to assist you.
- In this interactive training, you will have the opportunity to ask questions or have your concerns addressed.
- New mentor training prepares you to begin your mentoring relationship.
- You will be matched with your mentee based on similar interests.
- You can decide which school or area of town you would like to mentor.
- You can decide the grade level of the student you mentor.
- The facilitator at the school will work with your schedule to find a time that’s convenient for you to meet with your mentee every week.