- 6″ wooden dowel
- To make the pom-pom, begin by snuggly wrapping three 11 foot pieces of yarn together around your four fingers.
2. Once you have wrapped all the yarn, slip it off your fingers, being careful not to let any unwrap.
3. Using your three 2 foot pieces of yarn together, wrap one end around the middle of the entire yarn bunch. Knot two times.
4. Using your scissors, cut through the middle of the loops of yarn, turning them into yarn strands.
5. Trim the yarn strands to be matching length. You will cut the short ends of the 2 foot yarn you just knotted to be matching length, but leave the other side long. You have made your pom-pom!
6. Loosely braid the remaining length of your three 2 foot pieces of yarn. Tape down the end of the pom-pom if needed.
7. When there is about 2” left, tightly knot the yarn to the wooden dowel two times. Trim the excess.