Thank you to mentor, April, for submitting this idea!
A square piece of wood (recommended: 10″x 10″)
- A yardstick or ruler
- Masking or Painter’s tape
- Assorted Paint Markers or Acrylic Paints
- Spray varnish sealer or Mod Podge brush on sealant
- Choose your pattern (templates here), and draw it onto your piece of wood, using a yardstick or ruler & pencil to ensure your lines are straight.
- Tape off the area(s) that your 1st color will be in to keep paint from bleeding into other parts of your block; color/paint in these sections.
- Let paint dry, and then repeat taping and painting steps for the remainder of your design.
- Once finished and all paint has dried, coat entire piece with sealant.
Once the sealant has dried, you are ready to hang your new Barn Quilt block!